Tuesday 14 March 2017

How to be Happy:101

Most of us don't remember much of our childhood, neither do I.
But sometimes, when I see children spinning the top, ("lattu" as we used to call it) competing who's will fall the last, or when I see their fathers pushing their swings, helping them to reach the highest, and the child stretching her hand to touch the sky, 
When I see mothers dressing up my younger cousins for school, tucking their school uniform in place,
when I see kids sharing their lunch, and the one with the maggi in his tiffin, is the one with who doesn't get to eat any..
When I see all this, you know, I live my childhood moments again. 
Looking at kids, observing them, I'm always like, "oh yes, we used to do this too", or like "oh wow, I remember playing musical chairs. It's still my favourite game." 
This is one of the very few reasons I love kids. This is the reason I am reminded of happiness’s true nature.
Happiness comes from all the small things which build up on each other.
The moments and memories which define our happiness are played on an endless loop in our heads. We share them with our close ones, but we seldom bring them up. They stay in our heart, pure and untouched.

Don’t wait for others to make you happy. Happiness comes from within you. Only then will it last longer and not be a passing phase. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment you are in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment