Monday 20 February 2017

Moving on

Moving on means different things in different situations. To me it means, letting go; it doesn't necessarily mean moving forward, it just means moving on to somewhere else more comfortable, maybe? 
I started writing a poem on what I thought moving on was. 
--

Before we walk away 
Far away 
to the unbeguiling somewhere we’ve always wanted to be a part of
I ask, I beg of you
To gaze
Gaze upon and revel in the chaotic fading away of ourselves 
The ones we left behind 
Let it draw us towards itself
This last time

Watch
Every branch splintering,
Piercing what we once used to be
The surrounding mud, the leaves, the air, 
The slender crescent that the moon chose to draw itself as, 
Eating away at our skin, our flesh, our bones 
Ravenously 
Run, my love  
Run with me
To where we were 
Cover me with the rotting, drying blood of the me 
That will soon evanesce 
Let me cover you in yours 
To help plunge ourselves 
As we are now 
Into unfathomable awareness 
Of unawareness 
And in that moment
Let us find others
A thousand, indulgent others... 

No comments:

Post a Comment