Sunday 12 February 2017

Pictures Worth a Thousand Words Brought into Action

Events create a deep impact on people’s minds when they get to see them happen, sometimes even more than reading about them as they get to see the intensity of it visually. This is the main intention of photographs. One picture can paint the whole story in the minds of the viewers beyond their imagination and give them insight to a world of new information and ideas. The images have meaning in the context of the photographer. The situation implied by them is a fair and accurate representation of the events they depict in both content and tone. However, the personal experiences of the viewer can present a different impression of it creating a whole different and deeper meaning.


This is my experience with photography. Every image I take, especially that is taken well with perspective of, may it be adventurous experiences or a portrait or a still of the trees and hills is invigorating. The liberty of creating a whole new perspective of one object resides in my hands and I have the power to control and put in my creative instincts into it and capturing various emotions at once. As I was writing about this, I realized that, in ways, I believe we can learn a lot about our personalities through the kind of photographs that we take and what we focus on in them. As a result, it is a great technique for introspection. I tend to feel very happy and satisfied when I click pictures reflecting the natural beauty that we have come far from and miss to pay attention to in our everyday lives. Observing even a small ant or a snail or a raindrop fills me with peace and happiness. They just exist in the present, fulfilling the purpose that they were meant to, exuding beautiful colors and illusions that we don’t usually see. I feel that developing a child’s curiosity helps in living a more satisfied life, at times therapeutic. And it depends on us about how we view them, as a source of joy or as an inconvenience that we brush off. 


A multi-colored bug sitting patiently on a flower.



Breathtaking view off a cliff.




Small things make children happy.



Illusions create joy and intrigue.



Wonders of just a drop of water and some light

No comments:

Post a Comment