Friday 3 February 2017

The Mindfulness Project

I always found mindfulness a difficult concept to wrap my head around. Is it being on top of things all the time? Is it being completely focused on your work and your to-do list? The more I read, the more the concept confused me. Finally, I began looking up images that might explain it better, and I found this; the concept of mindfulness described in the words of the omniscient Calvin and Hobbes.


Image result for mindfulness

Mindfulness is being present in every moment, not focusing on the future or the past: on tomorrow's assignments or on yesterdays mistakes and wasted time. It's taking time out of your day to stop and smell the flowers, to concentrate on your thoughts and feelings.

Image result for mindfulness

If you are always rushing on to the next moment, what happens to the one you are in?

No comments:

Post a Comment